Already at the edge of the swamp we will be greeted by a mighty swaying land, and the further road leads to the oldest forests in Latvia, which are located in the middle of the swamp on several islands that have retained their sonorous names since ancient times. In autumn, the bog is rich in cranberries, but to learn about the “hawk alley”, it is enough to go hiking.
The event is held in Latvian with the possibility of translation into Russian and English. The number of participants is limited! Shoes that cover the ankle are required (hiking boots or wellies are recommended).
The hike is designed for active participants who like long hikes and challenges, so they must be in good physical shape, and the recommended age for participants is 15-55 years.
📌 APPLY FOR THE HIKE: by writing firstname.lastname@example.org
(indicate number of participants, shoe size and contact telephone number)
If you have any questions, call +371 20120101
Description of the hike:
- Duration: ~ 5 hours
- Difficulty: medium (experienced hikers), difficult (beginners)
- Length of distance: through the swamp with bog shoes ~ 6 km, in total ~ 7 km
- Meeting place and time: at 11:30 at Aizkraukle bog
- Closing time: around 17:00
- Participation fee for the hike: 20 EUR; 10 EUR (7-17 years). Sign up for the newsletter and receive a 10% discount.
- Bring: snacks and drinking water
- Wear: hiking shoes or rubber boots
- Costs include:
- Preparation of the hiking route
- Delivery and rental of bog shoes
- Many years of experience, knowledge and support of guides
By car: click on the link to open the coordinates of the destination in the navigation application, if using waze or google maps, or using coordinates 56.695415, 25.282118
What it looks like in Aizkraukle bog:
* By participating in the hike, you agree to the publication of photos on the social networks of purvubrideji.lv.
* The hiking regulations can be found here.
* The route leads through protected nature areas