Intriguing name of the bog, so we will go on an expedition to see if a bear lives here as well. We have no doubt that there are many cloudberries here in July. This bog is better known as Madiešēni bog, through which we will go with bog-shoes to see the dark lakes and interesting hills. Yes, as always guides will help to reveal the secrets of swamps and bog-shoes will allow you to get to where it would otherwise be difficult or even impossible. On the way back, we will go to the golden hour and catch the sun’s rays, which will make the bog very colorful.
Waterproof shoes (rubber boots) are definitely needed to keep your feet from getting wet before the swamp. If necessary, we can rent rubber boots. And as always – guides will help you discover the secrets of the swamp and the bog-shoes will allow you to get to where it would otherwise be difficult or even impossible. This will also be a great opportunity to collect cranberries, which are now especially delicious.
The hike is intended for active participants who like long hikes and challenges, so they must be in good physical shape and the recommended age of participants is 12-55 years. Age does not matter if you are experienced in hiking.
📌 APPLY FOR THE HIKE: by writing [email protected]
(indicate number of participants, shoe size and contact telephone number)
If you have any questions, call +371 20120101
Description of the hike:
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Difficulty level: medium (for experienced hikers), medium-difficult (for beginners)
- Length of distance: through the bog with bog shoes ~ 6 km, in total ~ 7 km
- Meeting place and time: at 10:30 in the parking lot near Augstroze castle mound
- Closing time: around 16:00
- Participation fee for the hike: 20 EUR; 10 EUR (7-17 years). Sign up for the newsletter and receive a 10% discount.
- Bring: snacks and drinking water
- Wear: hiking shoes or rubber boots
- Costs include:
- Preparation of the hiking route
- Delivery and rental of bog shoes
- Many years of experience, knowledge and support of guides