If you like to go outside the comfort zone, do not be afraid of hiking all day long, then this route will be created for you. The wildest bogs are also the furthest from Riga, man has not managed to damage them so much with ditches, therefore nature is unaccustomed and full of surprises. It is said that there are smuggling trails in Kodaja bog. We go where there are no trails and so up to the Estonian border, so that only on the way back with the sunset we will go along the largest bog lake in the Baltics. As the bog is partly located in Estonia, bears can also speak a foreign language.
Waterproof shoes (rubber boots) are definitely needed to keep your feet from getting wet before the swamp. If necessary, we can rent rubber boots. And as always – guides will help you discover the secrets of the swamp and the bog-shoes will allow you to get to where it would otherwise be difficult or even impossible. This will also be a great opportunity to collect cranberries, which are now especially delicious.
The hike is intended for active participants who like long hikes and challenges, so they must be in good physical shape and the recommended age of participants is 12-55 years. Age does not matter if you are experienced in hiking.
📌 APPLY FOR THE HIKE: by writing [email protected]
(indicate number of participants, shoe size and contact telephone number)
If you have any questions, call +371 20120101
Description of the hike:
- Duration: 6 hours
- Difficulty level: medium (for experienced hikers), medium-difficult (for beginners)
- Length of distance: through the bog with bog shoes ~ 10 km, in total ~ 16 km
- Meeting place and time: at 10:30 in Staicele at the Tourist Information Center
- Closing time: around 17:00
- Participation fee for the hike: 20 EUR; 10 EUR (7-17 years). Sign up for the newsletter and receive a 10% discount.
- Bring: snacks and drinking water
- Wear: hiking shoes or rubber boots
- Costs include:
- Preparation of the hiking route
- Delivery and rental of bog shoes
- Many years of experience, knowledge and support of guides